- 2 x 320g ready rolled shortcrust pastry sheets
- 200g strawberry jam
- 1 egg, beaten
- 300g icing sugar
- Hundreds and thousands, for decoration
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- Lay one sheet of pastry flat then spread the jam all over one side, leaving a 2’’ gap from the edge. Lay the second sheet of pastry directly on top then crimp the edges together using a fork to seal.
- Brush all over with the beaten egg then bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown all over and the pastry is cooked through. Set aside to cool completely.
- Mix the icing sugar with enough water to make a thick icing, then spread all over the top of the pop tart, leaving an inch border around the egde. Sprinkle with hundreds and thousands then leave to set.
- Slice into 8 and serve.