You might give them your last Rolo but would you give them you GIANT Rolo?
- 600g milk chocolate, melted and tempered
- 750ml glucose syrup
- 750ml double cream
- 945g granulated sugar
- 375ml whole milk
- Melt and temper 200g of the milk chocolate and pour into a 2 ltr ceramic pudding basin. Move the chocolate around so that it covers the base and sides then set aside in the fridge to cool for 1 hour.
- Whilst the chocolate is setting, place all ingredients for the caramel into a very large saucepan and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Once the sugar is dissolved stop stirring but continue to heat until the mixture reaches 115 C - this will take about 30 minutes, but keep checking on the caramel to check it doesn’t go higher.
- Place the pan into a sink filled with ice cold water and stir until the caramel has cooled slightly and thickened. Pour into the chocolate covered mould and place back into the fridge for 4 hours.
- Melt and temper a further 200g chocolate and once the caramel is set, pour over the caramel to create the base of the rolo, then set aside in the fridge to set for 1 more hour.
- Turn the rolo out of it’s mould onto a rack set over a baking sheet -you may need to use a palette knife to release it.
- Melt and temper the remaining chocolate and pour over the rolo, then, using 5cm and 2cm cookie cutters, create the distinctive circles on top of the rolo. Use a chopstick to create a small circle in the centre.
- Set the rolo aside to cool for another hour until set and then slice to serve.