- Makes 12
- 100 grams dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 2 tablespoons double cream
- 1 tablespoon gin
- 1 tablespoon tonic water
- Zest and juice of 1/2 lime
- 50 grams unsalted butter, chopped
- Cocoa powder, to dust
- Heat water in a small pan then place a heatproof bowl on top, making sure the bottom of the bowl is not touching the water. Put the chocolate in the bowl with the butter and heat gently to allow the chocolate to melt.
- Pour in the cream, gin, tonic, lime zest and juice. Mix the ingredients together until smooth and slightly thickened. Chill for 2 hours in the fridge.
- Take teaspoons of the mixture and roll into balls. Put straight into a shallow bowl of sifted cocoa powder and roll the truffles in it to cover.