Ginger Almond Shortbread
Take shortbread to another level with this unique Caribbean take
- 100 grams butter
- 50 grams caster sugar
- 75 grams plain flour
- 75 grams ground almond
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 stem ginger
- Heat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5.
- Beat the butter and the sugar together until smooth.
- Stir in the flour, ground almond, ginger and stem ginger to get a smooth paste.
- Pinch off and roll into rounds with your hands and place onto a baking tray. Use a fork to create pattens.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes, or until pale golden-brown. Set aside to cool on a wire rack.