Fancy having pizza for breakfast? Well, now you can! Check out this fruit topped oaty creation.
- For the base:
- 150 grams rolled oats
- 125 milliliters runny honey, plus extra for drizzling
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 125 grams of mixed nuts and seeds such as sunflower,
- Pumpkin and hazelnuts, plus extra for toppings
- 80 grams of dried fruits such as apricots, raisins and
- Cranberries, plus extra for toppings
- 1 tablespoon heaped almond butter
- For the compote:
- 500 grams plums
- 100 grams caster sugar
- 150 grams natural yoghurt
- Nuts and berries for topping
- Start by making the granola base. Mix together the base ingredients so it's evenly mixed.
- Preheat the oven to 140°C and evenly spread the granola ingredients onto a tray and place in the oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes and the take it
- Out,move it around so the underneath is cooking too, add in the peanut butter and mix, then shape in a circle pizza, place back in the oven for 8-10 minutes until golden.
- Meanwhile, make the plum compote. Half the plums and destone. Cut into quarters and place in a pan with the sugar and a splash of water. Bring to the boil and then place a lid on the pan and turn down to a simmer. Let this cook for about 20 minutes until the plums have broken down and stewed.
- Let both the granola base and the compote cool and then top the base with the compote, blobs of yoghurt, the nuts and fruit. Slice into 8 and serve for a great breakfast alternative.