- 2 pink grapefruit
- 400ml double cream
- 40g caster sugar
- 4 large egg yolks
- To serve:
- 3 tbsp caster sugar
- Whipped cream
- Pre-heat the oven to 140c.
- Halve all the grapefruit, then carefully and neatly remove all of the flesh, setting aside for later.
- In a saucepan, heat the cream and sugar until just below simmering point. Beat the egg yolks in a bowl, then slowly add the hot cream, whisking continuously.
- Add 4 tbsp grapefruit juice, then divide the mixture between the empty grapefruit shells. Place in a small roasting tray, then pour boiling water into the tin so it comes half way up the shells.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the custard is set. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes in the tin. Remove the grapefruit shells and place in the fridge to chill completely (at least 3 hours).
- To serve: Sprinkle with the caster sugar and brulee with a blowtorch. Serve topped with some whipped cream and decorate with slices of grapefruit.