- 3 eggs separated
- 25g baby spinach chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- 1 tbsp chopped dill
- 50g grated mozzarella (reserving 20g)
- 50g grated cheddar (reserving 20g)
- 25g grated parmesan
- 100ml sparkling water
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbsp butter
- To serve:
- Grated parmesan
- Chopped chives
- Dill fronds
- Make your omelette: Separate your eggs, putting the yolks in a small bowl and the whites in the bowl of your mixer, along with the sparkling water. Whisk the egg whites to soft peaks, and then carefully fold in the egg yolks along with the chopped spinach, chives, dill, cheeses (reserving some to put under the grill) and some seasoning.
- Turn your grill on to medium heat. Heat a small non-stick frying pan on a low to medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of butter. Carefully slide the egg mixture into the pan and give it a little shake to spread it to the edges. Allow this to cook for 1 minute then sprinkle the remaining mozzarella and cheddar across the surface and place the frying pan under the grill. Let it cook here for 1 – 2 minutes until the cheese has melted and going lightly golden. Take the pan out the oven and allow it to sit for 2 minutes.
- Serve: Slide the omelette onto a plate and carefully fold one side over to reveal the golden underside. Sprinkle on some more grated parmesan and chopped chives and serve immediately.