Grilled Split Bananas
Grilled Split Bananas are the perfect summer dessert. They can be made under the grill or even on a campfire for a gooey marshmallow treat!
- 4 ripe bananas
- 100g mini marshmallows
- 200g milk chocolate chips
- 1 x can squirty cream, to serve
- 25g salted peanuts, chopped, to serve
- 4 glace cherries, optional, to serve
- Preheat your oven to 180 C / 160 C fan.
- Slice one banana so there is a deep slit in the inner curve of the banana. Be careful not to cut all the way through the banana.
- Using your thumb, separate the slice down the banana and then stuff it with chocolate chips and marshmallows.
- Construct a tin foil boat that is just big enough to hold the banana upright.
- Place the banana into the tin foil boat and then cover the banana and it’s boat with more tin foil, so that the banana is completely encased in tin foil.
- Place the banana in the oven and cook for 15 minutes until the chocolate and marshmallows are melted and gooey and the banana is soft.
- Remove the banana in the tin foil boat with a pair of tongs, and place onto your serving platter. Let the banana rest for 1-2 minutes and then serve topped with squirt cream and sprinkled with chopped peanut. For a really retro twist you could crown everything with a glace cherry!