- 1.4kg mixed greens
- 4 large sheets filo pastry
- 4 eggs
- 200g feta, crumbled
- Zest of 1 lemon, finely grated
- Preheat the oven to 200c.
- Place a 23cm oven proof deep pan over a medium heat and add the greens until completely wilted and cooked through. You will need to do this in batches- putting your cooked greens into sieve sitting over a large bowl as you go. Squeeze as much liquid out of the greens as possible then tip into the bowl and leave to cool a little. Clean your pan.
- Tear a sheet of greaseproof paper that is 10cm larger than your frying pan then line it with the greaseproof paper.
- Brush each sheet of filo pastry with some olive oil and one by one layer on top of the greaseproof lined pan- these should overlap and over hang the edges.
- Add the eggs, feta and lemon zest to the bowl of cooled greens, season then mix everything together. Tip into the frying pan, then fold over the overhanging filo and brush with some more olive oil.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until crisp and golden. Serve hot straight from the pan or use the paper to pull out the tart and set aside to cool before serving into 8 slices.