- 300g halloumi cheese, cut into rough 1 inch squares
- 18 - 20 red grapes
- Olive oil
- Black pepper
- 75g honey
- 25g salted butter
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano leaves
- Preheat oven to 220 C / 200 C fan and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Skewer the halloumi and grapes onto soaked wooden skewers until all the ingredients have been used up and then toss in a little olive oil and season with black pepper.
- Place onto the prepared baking tray and bake in the oven for 10 - 15 minutes, until golden.
- Whilst the halloumi is baking, place the honey and butter into a small saucepan and heat, stirring until the butter has dissolved. Remove from the heat and stir in the oregano leaves.
- When the halloumi skewers are done, place on a serving place and drizzle over the oregano honey.
- Serve with grilled sourdough and hummus etc: as part of a summer mezze table.