This Halloumi Cheeseburger is entirely vegetarian - It's literally a cheese-burger!
- 4 ounces halloumi cheese, sliced into 4 pieces
- 4 portobello mushroom caps, stems trimmed
- 1 marinated roasted red pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 cup of fresh arugula
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Olive oil
- Drizzle portobello mushroom caps with olive oil.
- Season sliced halloumi with olive oil, chilli powder, and garlic powder. Grill the Portobello 'buns' and cheese on medium-heat for about 3-4 minutes.
- Set both aside.
- Dress arugula with balsamic vinegar.
- To assemble, place grilled mushrooms gill side up, top with 2 pieces of grilled halloumi each, marinated roasted red pepper strips, dressed arugula, and top with the remaining mushroom caps.