- 1 aubergine
- 200g tomato pasta sauce
- 200g mozzarella, cut into thin slices
- A handful of cherry tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Handful of fresh basil
- 50g grated parmesan
- 100g fresh breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 180 C
- Slice the aubergine in half and slice it hasselback-style - slice the aubergine across the top, stopping about ¼ inch before reaching the bottom of the aubergine. The aubergine should stay in one piece.
- Cover with oil and season the aubergine and bake to for 20 minutes.
- Spread the tomato sauce in the bottom of a baking dish large enough to comfortably hold the aubergine halves.
- Place slices of mozzarella and tomato in the cuts you’ve made in the aubergine, alternating between the 2. Sprinkle with parmesan and bake for a further 20 minutes or until the aubergine is cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the fresh basil leaves.
- Serve with a fresh green salad.