Healthy Coconut and Chocolate Donuts
Everyone needs a cheat day. These donuts ensure you can cheat without feeling any guilt
- 2 bananas
- 1 large egg
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- 1 pinch ground ginger
- 60 grams melted coconut oil
- 150 grams of buckwheat flour or spelt flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of almond butter or peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 35 grams good quality dark or raw chocolate, melted (for nutfree)
- Coconut sugar
- Desiccated coconut
- Preheat the oven to 180c and grease a doughnut pan with coconut oil.
- Mash the banana, chia egg, maple syrup, spices and melted coconut oil together.
- In another bowl mix the flour and baking powder. Pour the wet mix into the dry and combine well with a spoon.
- Spoon in the batter and cook for 10 minutes until golden and cooked through. Depending on the size of your doughnut pan, you might need to cook in two batches.
- While this is cooking make the glaze by melting the coconut oil with the nut butter and maple syrup. Stir well until fully combined then leave to the side to cool a little. You can also glaze your donuts with melted dark or raw chocolate if you are nut free, or just for some extra decadence! Or do a mix of both like i have.
- Brush the donuts with the glaze then top with the toppings. They won't last long because they're so moreish but if you're going to savour them, they'll last in the fridge in an airtight container for a couple of days.