Hobnob Ice Cream Sandwiches
It's crunch time! Vanilla ice cream in an oaty sandwich of nom
- 125 grams + 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 80 grams light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 80 grams quick cooking oats
- 100 grams wholemeal flour
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 100 grams dark chocolate
- 1 tub vanilla ice cream, softened
- Some multi-coloured sprinkles for decorating
- Preheat the oven to 180 C. Line two baking trays with baking paper. In a large bowl cream together the 125 grams butter and the sugar until pale and smooth. Add the golden syrup, salt, bakingpowder,bicarbonate of soda, flour, and oats and stir to combine.
- Take about two teaspoons of dough and roll into a ball.
- Place onto one of the prepared trays and press down lightly in the middle so that it spreads to about 4 centimeters wide. Repeat with the remaining dough, leaving a few centimetres between each ball as they will flatten and spread as they bake.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown. Remove from the oven and leave to cool on the tray for a few minutes then transfer to a wire rack. Don't worry if the biscuits feel slightly soft; they should firm up and
- Become crunchy as they cool.
- Melt the chocolate and remaining 1 teaspoon of butter together in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Spoon a little bit of chocolate onto the top of each biscuit and use the back of a spoon to spread it over the surface. Set them aside to harden and cool.
- Once cooled, scoop the vanilla ice cream onto the chocolate coated side of a biscuit and sandwich with another biscuit. Repeat with the remaining biscuits.
- Place the sprinkles on the ice cream. Serve or wrap individually in cling-film and freeze for later.