- 120 grams hazelnuts
- 20 grams icing sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon hazelnut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 170 grams dairy milk chocolate
- 1 pack ice cream wafers
- 150 grams milk chocolate, melted
- Pour the hazelnuts onto a baking tray and roast in a preheated oven at 180°C for 10-15 minutes. Give them a shake to rotate every 5 minutes to stop the tops from burning.
- Blitz until mostly smooth and a paste is formed.
- To create the 'Nutella' add icing sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, hazelnut oil and salt to the nuts and blitz until combined. Scrape down food processor to make sure everything gets incorporated.
- Pour in melted chocolate and mix until just combined. Pour into a separate bowl.
- Cut wafers into small pieces and add to the 'Nutella' in small batches at a time until you have your desired consistency. If the mixture is too soft to handle, place in the fridge for 5-10 minutes.
- Spoon a small amount of the mixture into your hands, flatten before placing a hazelnut in the centre. Roll into a ball and place onto a baking tray lined with baking paper and place in the fridge to set.
- Once set, coat each ball in melted chocolate, crush hazelnuts with food processor and sprinkle over the Ferrero Rochers. Leave to set at room temperature.