- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 thumb sized piece of ginger, minced
- 2 small shallots, minced
- 1 cup of cubed tofu
- 1/4 cabbage, chopped into small strips
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 Tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon each of crushed peppercorns and coriander seed
- 2 Tablespoons oil or butter
- Saute the garlic, shallots and ginger in the oil on low heat until they have softened, about three minutes.
- Add the honey, soy sauce and rice wine vinegar. let simmer for 2 minutes, then turn the heat to high and add the cabbage and tofu.
- Fry for a minute, before adding 1/3 of a cup of water and letting it all meld together.
- If the liquid has all evaporated, add a touch more soy sauce and vinegar. Serve hot with steamed rice.