- 8 leftover hot cross buns
- 100g butter, at room temperature
- 50g sultanas
- 50g chocolate chips
- 1 tub or carton of ready made custard
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 50g butter, diced
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Butter a large oven dish .
- Split the hot cross buns open and spread butter on the insides.
- Starting at one end of the dish, layer hot cross bun slices, butter side up, scattering with chocolate chips and sultanas as you go.
- Pour the custard over the dish, pushing the slices down to help them absorb the custard, then leave it to settle for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200C (180C fan).
- Mix the brown sugar and cinnamon together, then sprinkle it over the pudding.
- Top it with the diced butter, then cook for 30 minutes until piping hot, golden brown and crispy.