- 1/2 red onion diced small
- 1 ripe tomato, diced
- 1/2 roughly chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon Garam masala
- 1 teaspoon Tumeric
- 2 finely sliced green chilies (if you like)
- 1 Cup boiled and diced potato
- 1/4 Cups Tamarind sauce (see recipe below)
- 1/4 Cups Cilantro Chutney (see recipe below)
- 1 Cups Wild Rice, puffed into 3 cups* (see recipe below)
- 1/2 Cup Sev* (a dried vermicelli like noodle that is part of a lot of snack in india)
- 1/2 Cup crushed Papadi* (fried crackers also used in snacks in India)
- Mix it all up, taste, adjust seasoning if you want more spice or salt and serve IMMEDIATELY!
- * Puffed white rice is the traditional ingredient, because we are in Minnesota, we wanted to do things a little differently.
- *The sev and papadia are not necessary and you could substitute for corn chips or most salty snacks