- 1 Cup wild rice
- 1 inch of canola oil in a small pot
- Salt to Taste
- Have an extra pot and a strainer on hand.
- Heat the canola oil to 400 degrees.
- Once it is at 400°, pour 1/4 cup of wild rice into the oil.
- Immediately the rice will puff and it will continue to do so for a few seconds.
- After the popping sound has stopped and the pile of puffed rice stops growing, strain the rice out by placing a strainer above another pot.
- Put the strained puffed rice onto a paper towel and salt with fine sea salt.
- Heat up the second pot of oil and fry up the next batch of wild rice.
- Having too much of the puffed product is not a bad thing as it makes for a great snack. Let the puffed rice cool.