Ice Cream Truffles
Looking for some party food inspo? Our Ice cream truffles are the perfect BBQ dessert!
- 1 tub of pistachio, strawberry, or vanilla ice cream, or
- another flavour of your choice
- 300g dark chocolate chocolate
- 20g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Shaped ice cube tray
- Take your ice cream out of the freezer and put it into the fridge, 20 minutes before you want to use it.
- Line a baking tray with non-stick paper. Then scoop 15 (or the same number as your mould tray can hold) small balls of ice-cream out of the tub. Put them on the tray - not touching each other - and into the freezer for one hour.
- Melt your chocolate with the butter and salt in a glass over just simmering water. Once the chocolate is fully melted, stir it to mix the butter through fully then transfer it to a jug or something easy to pour from.
- If your ice cream tray is silicon or bendy, put it on a tray for the next step.
- Pour chocolate into the moulds so that they’re 1/3 full, then tilt the tray in all directions to get the chocolate to cover the inside of each mould (having it on a solid tray makes this bit easier!)
- Take your frozen ice cream balls from the freezer and drop one into each mould. Quickly press them down with the back of a teaspoon to fully submerge them in the moulds, then pour over enough of the melted chocolate to cover them and the whole tray.
- Use a palette knife or back of a spoon to smooth the top then put the tray back in the freezer for at least one hour before serving.