- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- 8 rashers smoked streaky bacon
- Maple syrup, for brushing
- 4 eggs
- Chives to garnish
- Preheat oven to 190c. Line a baking sheet with greaseproof paper and set aside.
- Cut the pasty into 4 squares, then cut a border of 1.5cm all the way round, leaving two opposite corners uncut. Fold the opposite cut corners over to line up with the opposite side creating a basket shape.
- Transfer onto the baking sheet, leaving two inches between each square. Use a fork to prick the centre of each tart well and brush all over with the beaten egg. Put two bacon rashers in the centre of each basket, brush with maple syrup and bake for 15 minutes.Brush the bacon with more maple syrup, crack an egg in the centre and season with salt and pepper. Return to the oven and bake until the pastry is golden and the egg whites have set, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and garnish with chopped chives before serving.