Ital Stew is your go-to healthy dish. Packed full of vegetables and super fresh flavours, give it a go!
- Bunch of Thyme
- 1 Scotch Bonnet
- 5 Spring onions
- 1 Small white onion diced
- 1 leak
- 3 cloves of bashed garlic
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 Corn on the cob parted into 6
- 7 Okras
- 200 grams Red split lentils
- 1 cup Coconut milk
- 2 Carrots
- Chunk of ginger bashed
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon black pepper corn
- Small head of cauliflower
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1/2 cooked kidney beans
- Dumplings: In a medium bowl add the flour, baking
- Powder, salt, sugar and enough water to bind into a
- Stiff dough by kneading with your hands. Roll into 1
- Inch long pieces and set aside.
- Now in a big pot add oil and sliced leaks, onion, garlic,
- Chopped spring onions, ginger, thyme, bay leaf, black
- Pepper corn, cracked black pepper, scotch bonnet,
- Curry powder, pimento all spice and sauté for 2 minutes
- Releasing the aromas.
- Now add in the potato, squash and Taro and cook for
- Another 2 minutes. Add in the water and bring to boil.
- Once water is up to a boil drop in the spinners
- (dumplings) and everything else apart from the coconut
- Milk, collards, long beans, okra and coriander and boil
- For another 15/20 minutes.
- Then add the rest of the green veggies and coconut
- Milk. Cook for a further 4 minutes, by this time the hard
- Food and spinners (dumplings) should be cooked.
- Serve immediately and garnish with coriander.