Jaffa Cake Cupcakes
This is what happens when Jaffa Cakes fall in love with cupcakes!
- 200 grams Plain flour
- 45 grams Cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons Baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 100 grams Soft light brown sugar
- 180 grams Caster sugar
- 80 grams Unsalted Butter
- 240 milliliters Whole milk
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- Buttercream frosting:
- 300 grams Icing sugar
- 100 grams Unsalted Butter
- 40 grams Cocoa powder
- 40 milliliters Whole milk
- To decorate:
- Orange curd
- Mini Jaffa cakes
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees fan.
- Sift the dry ingredients together into a bowl.
- In a separate bowl beat together the butter and two sugars.
- In another bowl/jug whisk together the milk, eggs and vanilla extract.
- Add half of the dry ingredients into the butter mixture and mix on a slow/medium speed.
- Pour and mix in half of the wet ingredients.
- Scrape down your bowl and beat in the remaining dry ingredients followed by the remaining wet ingredients.
- Once the mixture is smooth, evenly divide it into the cupcake cases.
- Bake in the oven for 18-22 minutes.
- For the buttercream sift the icing sugar and cocoa powder into a bowl and beat it into the butter and milk. You may not need to add all the milk.
- Beat for a good 5 minutes until the icing is paler in colour and is light and fluffy.
- Cut holes out of the centre of the cupcakes with a knife and spoon in some orange curd.
- Place the icing into a piping bag with a star tip and pipe swirls onto each cupcake.
- Decorate with sprinkles and place a mini Jaffa Cake into the buttercream.