- 2 large eggs
- 60 grams caster sugar
- 60 grams plain flour
- 30 grams unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1/4 teaspoon Zested Orange
- 135 grams Orange Jelly
- 150 milliliters Boiling Water
- 180 grams 70 percent Chocolate
- Pour the boiling water over the jelly and mix to dissolve. Pour into a shallow tray and allow it to set for an hour in the fridge.
- Beat the eggs and sugar together until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Next gently fold in the flour then melted butter & orange zest.
- Fill a buttered muffin tin 1/3 full and cook for 7-9m at 160C/320F until a skewer comes out clean.
- While the cakes are baking, melt the chocolate as this needs to cool and thicken slightly.
- Once the cakes are cooked, take them out of the pan and allow the to cool, they will pull away from the edges then take them out.
- Using a cookie cutter, cut out discs of jelly smaller than the size of the cake. Place them on top of the sponge.
- Gently spoon the cooled chocolate on top and score the top of the cakes with a fork.