Keto Courgette Nachos
Keto Courgette Nachos are the perfect low carb super cheesy movie snack!
- 4 large courgettes
- 4 tbsp salt
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 200g parmesan finely grated
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Extra oil to grease the tray
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 white onion, diced
- 200g minced beef
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 small yellow pepper, diced
- 2 tbsp chipotle sauce
- 200g grated cheddar and mozzarella mix
- Fresh jalapeños
- Sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 200C (180C fan).
- Use a mandolin to slice the courgette into 2mm thick slices.
- Put them into a large mixing bowl and sprinkle over 2 tablespoons of salt, and mix well to combine.
- Let the courgettes stand for 10 minutes, then rinse under running water and pat them dry.
- Put the dry courgettes into a new mixing bowl and toss them with the oil, making sure that each slice gets coated. In a separate mixing bowl, sprinkle the paprika over the finely grated parmesan, and mix it through.
- Put each silicone sheet on top of a baking sheet. Dip each slice of courgette into the parmesan mix - pressing it down to coat each side - then place it onto a silicone sheet. Bake the courgette crisps for 15 minutes, then check them and give them just a few more minutes if needed, until they’re dark golden brown and crispy.
- Make the spicy beef filling by frying the onion in 1 tablespoon of oil. When it’s soft and starting to brown, tip in the beef and cook for 5-6 minutes, breaking up the beef mince but letting it brown. Add in the diced tomatoes, yellow pepper and chipotle sauce, cook for five more minutes, then remove from the heat.
- In an oven-proof dish, make a stack of the courgette crisps layered with spicy beef filling, jalapeños and lots of grated cheese. Put this in the oven for 8-10 minutes, until the cheese has melted, then serve immediately loaded with sour cream, more jalapeños, and fresh coriander.