- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 onion, sliced
- 320g kimchi, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 50ml kimchi juice
- 2 tbsp gochujang chilli paste
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 600g cooked short-grain white rice (250g uncooked
- 1 tbsp roasted sesame seed oil
- To serve:
- Eggs, for frying
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Shredded nori
- Heat the butter in a large frying pan over a high heat. When hot, add the onion and fry for a few mins until starting to soften. Then add the kimchi and stir-fry for 3 mins, until everything begins to caramelise. Add the kimchi juice, gochujang and soy sauce to the frying pan, and then add the cooked rice, stirring constantly. Reduce the heat to medium-low and fry for another 3 mins until the rice has absorbed all the flavours. Finally stir in the sesame oil and half of the spring onions and remove from the heat.
- In the meantime, in a separate pan, fry the eggs to your liking.
- To plate up, serve bowls of the fried rice with a fried egg and the remaining spring onions, sesame seeds and shredded seaweed scattered over the top. Serve immediately.