Kitchen Hacks To Reduce Food Waste
Here are four fab easy recipes to help reduce your food waste! It's time to get excited about finishing that jar of Nutella!
- Carrot Top Dip:
- Handful carrot tops
- 75 grams pine nuts
- 100 milliliters olive oil
- 75 grams parmesan
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Salt & pepper
- Nutella Hot Chocolate:
- Jar of leftover Nutella
- 300 milliliters hot milk
- Squirty cream and chocolate shards, to garnish
- 1 rib eye steak
- Microwaved Stale Crisps:
- 1 packet of crisps
- For the carrot top dip, remove the carrot tops from 2 carrots and chuck in a food processor along with all the other ingredients. Blend until smooth. Serve with carrot batons, pitta breads and celery sticks.
- For the nutella hot chocolate, pour hot milk in a jar of used up nutella and shake. Pour into a mug and top with squirty cream and chocolate shards.
- For the steak, remove the fat. Place the fat in a frying pan and sizzle until the fat has rendered enough oil for frying the steak. Fry the steak to your liking.
- To bring stale crisps back to life, place in the microwave for 10 seconds. They’ll instantly go from soggy back to crispy!