Layered Picnic Loaf
This loaf may look normal to casual observers, but it packs a super surprise in the middle
- 1 large farmhouse loaf
- 2 cooked chicken breasts
- 4 tomatoes
- 2 cooked beetroot
- 1 ball mozzarella
- 200 grams spinach
- 1 jar cooked peppers
- 75 grams mayonnaise
- 1 bunch of basil
- 50 grams grated parmesan
- Salt & peppers
- Cut the top off the loaf and hollow it out.
- Blitz the mayonnaise with the basil and parmesan in a
- Food processor and season.
- Spread the basil mayonnaise on the inside of the
- Hollowed out load and then start to layer up the ingredients.
- Start with a layer of spinach to act as a 'barrier'
- But after that layer as you wish.
- Place the 'lid' of the bread back on and wrap in clingfilm
- And weight down- books- and leave for 1 hour before
- Slicing like a cake into segments.