- 4 small cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons olive oil for marinade, plus 2 tablespoons for cooking
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 lamb rib chops, frenched
- Remove the lamb from the fridge 1 hour before you plan to cook it.
- TIP: bringing meat to room temperature allows for even cooking. If the meat is cold when you cook it, the outside will be overdone by the time the inside is cooked.
- Using a mortar and pestle, pound garlic with 3/4 teaspoon salt.
- Add several grinds of pepper, rosemary, and lemon zest and 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Rub this mixture on both sides of the lamb chops, place in a glass bowl and let marinate in fridge for several hours, or overnight.
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet or griddle over high heat for 2 minutes.
- Swirl in 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Sear the lamb for 2 minutes on each side. (Do this step in batches).