Leopard Print Chiffon Cake
This leopard print chiffon cake is the easiest way to impress your animal lover friends!
- 4 egg yolks
- 5 egg whites
- 100g granulated sugar
- 45g vegetable oil
- 45ml hot water
- 65g flour
- 5g dark cocoa powder
- 5g cocoa powder
- Whipped cream
- Cocoa for topping
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Separate egg whites and egg yolks into two bowls.
- Add 30g of granulated sugar to egg yolks and mix. Whisk the vegetable oil in to combine.
- Add boiling water to the mix. Sift the flour into the mixture and stir until smooth.
- In a mixer, start beating the egg whites. When it starts to foam, slowly add in the remaining 70g of sugar until soft peaks.
- Gently fold the meringue into the egg yolk mixture, careful not to knock too much of the air out.
- In a bowl, combine some batter with dark cocoa to colour it black. In another bowl, combine some batter with the regular cocoa to colour it brown. Mix carefully to avoid knocking the air out.
- To make the leopard print pattern, start by drawing with the black batter in the bundt tin. Bake for 30 seconds in the oven at 180C.
- Remove the tin from the oven and finish the leopard print with the brown batter. Bake for 1 minute at 180C.
- Pour the plain batter into the tin and bake at 180C for 30 minutes.
- Once done, leave to cool in the tin.
- When completely cooled, remove the cake from the tin using a knife. Slice and serve with whipped cream, cocoa powder and mint.