Loaded Sweet Potato Skins
Hitting the gym? You need these protein packed loaded jackets asap
- 3 sweet potatoes
- Olive oil
- Burrito Loaded
- 300g turkey mince
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chipotle chilli paste
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 x 400g tin black beans, drained & rinsed
- 50g wensleydale cheese, crumbled
- 50g cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 avocado, sliced
- A handful of coriander
- Hot sauce
- Greek Salad Loaded
- 2 tomatoes, chopped into rough chunks
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced
- 1/2 red onion
- 8 kalamata olives, sliced
- 50g feta cheese, cumbled
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- A few leaves fresh oregano & mint, to garnish
- Smashed Peas & Smoked Salmon Loaded
- 100g frozen peas, defrosted
- 50g ricotta
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Black pepper
- 75g smoked salmon
- 1 egg, poached
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan. Cover the sweet potatoes with a generous amount of oil and then sprinkle with salt. Place on a baking tray and place in the oven for 45 minutes - 1 hour, or until the potatoes are cooked through and their skins golden and crispy.
- Burrito Loaded: Place a frying pan over a medium heat and add a splash of oil. Fry the turkey mince until cooked and then add the red onion, chipotle paste and cumin. Fry, stirring until combined and then add the black beans. Keep on the heat for 5 minutes to heat everything through and then remove from the heat.
- Place a sweet potato into an ovenproof dish and load the filling onto the potato. Sprinkle the cheese all over the potato and the filling and place back into the oven to melt the cheese.
- Remove from the oven and garnish with the avocado slices, some coriander and hot sauce, if you wish.
- Greek Salad Loaded: Mix together all the ingredients except the fresh oregano and mint. Load the salad onto the cooked sweet potato and garnish with the fresh oregano and mint leaves.
- Smashed Peas & Smoked Salmon Loaded: In a food processor, place the peas, ricotta, chilli flakes and lemon zest. Season well and pulse until just combined.
- Load the pea mixture onto a cooked sweet potato and top with the smoked salmon.
- Crown with the poached egg and sprinkle with a few more chilli flakes and some black pepper.