Low Carb Eggy Quesadillas
Low Carb Eggy Quesadillas are perfect for everyone trying out a Keto diet! Or anyone who just really likes cheese...
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 75g almond flour
- 75g parmesan. finely grated
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 50g finely grated beetroot, raw
- 100g steamed spinach, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 small onions, diced
- 2 chicken breasts, poached and roughly shredded
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp chipotle flakes
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 400g grated cheddar and mozzarella mix
- Sliced jalapeños
- Sour cream
- Tomato salsa
- Make the filling: sauté the onion in 1 tablespoon oil until brown. Add in the garlic, chipotle flakes, oregano, cumin powder and salt, stir through for a few minutes and then add in the shredded chicken. Mix it all together then take it off the heat.
- Making the tortillas: in a large mixing bowl, beat together the eggs, almond flour, parmesan and salt. Divide the mixture into two, adding the beetroot to one half, and the spinach to the other. Mix both well to combine. Heat 1/2 tablespoon oil in a skillet, and spoon in enough filling to make a 12-15cm circle - flatten the mixture out in the pan to around 3mm thick. Cook the tortilla for around 2 minutes until it’s firm enough to carefully turn over, then cook for another 1-2 minutes until it’s cooked through. Stack the cooked tortillas on a plate while you repeat with the rest of the batter.
- To make a quesadilla, put one tortilla in warm skillet over a medium heat. Add a handful of cheese and spread it around, then a few spoonfuls of filling. Top with another tortilla and press it down with the back of a spatula, then cook for 2 minutes. Gently turn the quesadilla over and cook for another 1-2 minutes until heated through and the cheese is fully melted
- Repeat with the rest of the tortillas then cut them into quarters to serve, with fresh coriander, sour cream, salsa and guacamole.