Malaysian Roti Jala
Malaysian Roti Jala or net pancakes are the Malaysian treat, perfect served with curry.
- 150g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 180ml coconut milk
- 180ml water
- Vegetable oil to grease pan
- Sift flour and ground turmeric into a large bowl. Add salt.
- Stir in beaten egg and coconut milk until a smooth batter forms.
- Poke three holes into the lid of an empty water bottle, pour the batter into the bottle and replace the lid.
- Brush a little oil onto a non-stick pan on medium heat. Move the bottle in circular motions over the pan to form a pattern. Cook until set and repeat until all the batter is used up.
- When cool enough to handle, fold in both sides of the lacy pancake and roll to form a neat package.
- Serve with curry.