Margarita Bars With Margarita Sour
Margarita Bars With Margarita Sour. Think buttery cheesecake base topped with boozy, zesty delights.
- For the base
- 120g butter
- 200g butter biscuits
- 50g caster sugar
- For the filling
- 4 eggs
- 120g sugar
- 70ml lime juice
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 1 tbsp triple sec
- 1 tbsp tequila
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- Margarita sour
- 25ml tequila
- 25ml triple sec
- 25ml lime juice
- 25 ml lemon juice,
- 12.5ml sugar syrup,
- 12.5ml egg white
- Dash Angostura bitters
- Lime slices
- Preheat oven to 180C and line the bottom of a square 20cm tin.
- Melt the butter, then tip in the biscuit crumbs and sugar, mix thoroughly, then press into the bottom of the tin while still warm. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Whisk together the eggs and sugar until light and the sugar has dissolved.
- Add citrus juice, zest and tequila.
- Then add the flour and whisk until smooth.
- Pour the filling mix over the baked biscuit base then put it back in the oven for around 25 minutes until the top starts to colour.
- Leave to cool in the tin for 30 minutes, then remove to a rack and chill for 2 hours.
- Once chilled through, cut into squares and dust with icing sugar, then serve.
- Magarita Sour
- Add all ingredients into a shaker.
- Dry shake for 5 seconds.
- Add cubed ice and shake for 10 seconds.
- Sugar the rim of a glass, fill with cubed ice and strain the sour into the glass.
- Garnish with lime.