With a fluffy marshmallow centre and chocolate coating, this cinnamon-y alfajor is like a moon pie, but better.
- 3/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate cookies, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, beat the butter, brown sugar, molasses and vanilla extract for two minutes.
- Add the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, cookies and milk. Mix well with a spoon and hands. Set aside in the refrigerator.
- Make small balls, place them in a baking pan, flatten with your hand and place in oven for 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Make a thin syrup with sugar, water and corn syrup.
- Beat the egg whites in a mixer on low speed.
- When the egg whites are firm, add the thin syrup and beat until firm.
- After cooling, fill the cookies with marshmallow, cover with the chocolate, refrigerate and serve.