Christina’s Mild Salsa & Tortillas Chicken Taco Bowl
A great alternative to a classic take-out treat. With homemade salsa, lime cilantro rice, and grilled peaches this chicken taco bowl is bursting with flavour!
- Birds Eye Mild Salsa & Tortillas Chicken for 2
- 100g basmati rice
- Handful coriander, roughly chopped
- ½ lime
- 1 corn on the cob
- 150g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ½ red onion, diced
- ½ lime
- Small handful coriander, finely chopped
- Pinch salt
- 2 peaches, cut into quarters
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 avocado
- Sprinkle coriander
- Cook the chicken: Start by cooking the Birds Eye Mild Salsa & Tortillas Chicken for 2 per the packet instructions.
- Make the rice: Give the rice a wash then pop in a pan with 200ml cold water. Bring to the boil then turn down to a simmer with a lid on for 10 minutes. Switch off the heat and leave the lid on for 5 minutes to steam. Mix in coriander and a squeeze of lime.
- Make the salsa: Start by parboiling the corn for 5 minutes. Drain and allow to cool. Using a sharp knife, slice the corn kernels off the cob, then place them in a frying pan with a little oil and fry for 5 minutes until nicely toasted. Meanwhile, mix the cherry tomatoes, onion, coriander, lime juice and salt in a bowl. Mix in the toasted corn and place in the fridge.
- Make the peaches: Grab a grill pan and heat it up on high. In the meantime, drizzle the cut peaches with olive oil, gently rubbing all over to coat. Place the peaches on the grill, flesh side down and grill for 4 minutes or until grill marks appear. Flip the peaches, then grill for a further few minutes.
- Make the avocado: Mash the avocado with a fork until smooth.
- To serve: Assemble the taco bowl by adding the rice, salsa, peaches and avocado separately around the bowl. Slice the Birds Eye Mild Salsa and Tortillas Chicken and place in the middle of the bowl. Garnish with coriander and enjoy!