Learn to make the ultimate French patisserie, a mille feuille topped with strawberries and raspberries
- 2 sheets of all butter ready-rolled puff pastry
- Icing sugar, to dust
- 500 grams mascarpone
- 500 millilitres double cream
- 200 grams condensed milk
- 100 grams white chocolate, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 150 grams raspberries, a few halved
- 150 grams blackberries, a few halved
- 200 grams strawberries, a few halved
- 3 passion fruits, halved, seeds and pulp scooped out
- Handful of small mint leaves
- Heat oven to 200 C / 180 C fan. Unroll 1 pastry sheet and place on a lined baking tray. Using a sieve, dust the top of the pastry sheet with icing sugar to cover and then cover with a piece of baking paper. Place another baking tray on top and pour baking beans inside the tray to weigh it down. Bake for 30 mins and remove from the oven then repeat with the other pastry sheet (or cook both together if you have enough trays). Once out of the oven, trim the edges with a large, sharp knife so that both pastry sheets are the same size then leave to cool completely.
- Whisk the mascarpone, condensed milk and double cream together until at soft peaks then add the melted, cooled, white chocolate and vanilla extract and whisk again just to combine. Spoon into a large piping bag fitted with a large round nozzle (if you don’t have a nozzle you can just snip the end off the piping bag). Pipe blobs of the white chocolate cream over the surface of one piece of pastry making sure you get all the way up to the edges. Top with the fruit you have halved.
- Place the second piece of pastry on top and pipe more of the cream over the top, using the same piping method. Add the remaining fruit, the passionfruit pulp and a dusting of icing sugar, then finally add some mint leaves.