Mini Potato Gratin Stacks
These bite-sized treats will satisfy any carb cravings
- Serves 4, makes 12 mini stacks
- 4-6 Maris Pipers, peeled
- 1 small white onion, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 sprigs of thyme
- 80 grams grated tasty cheese, such as gruyere
- 60 grams parmesan
- 220 milliliters double cream, depending on the size of the tin you may need a little more
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
- Start by very thinly slicing the potatoes, use a mandolin if you have one but be very careful of your fingers. Lightly grease a 12 case muffin tin and start layering up the ingredients. Start with a couple of thin slices of potato so they overlap but aren't very thick. Follow this with a couple of pieces of the onion, then the garlic and a few picked leaves of thyme.
- You will repeat these layers so don't use all the garlic and onions at this point. Add a sprinkling of the cheeses and season. Repeat until all the ingredients are used and the potatoes are at the top of the muffin holes. Carefully top each one up with the cream so it is close to the top. Finish with a bit of pepper and the rest of the parmesan.
- Bake in the oven for 18-22 minutes or until the potatoes are soft and the top is golde