Miso-Glazed Salmon with Ginger-Sesame Spinach
Upgrade your salmon with the help of miso, ginger and sesame
- 2 tablespoons brown miso
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 boneless salmon fillets
- 200 grams bag of baby spinach
- 1/2 thumb sized piece of ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- Salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Preheat the grill in your oven to the highest heat and place a rack on the top shelf of the oven.
- Mix the miso, mirin, lemon juice, garlic and honey together. Place the salmon fillets skin side up onto a baking tray lined with some lightly greased foil. Place under the grill for 3 minutes then flip the fillets so they are skin side down. Cover with the miso glaze and return to the oven to grill for 2-3 minutes more.
- Boil the kettle with a mugful of water. Place the spinach into a large colander and place into the sink. Pour the boiling water over the spinach to wilt it. Place into a bowl and toss with the ginger, sesame oil and season with salt to taste.
- Serve the salmon on top of the spinach and top with the sesame seeds.