Mojo Pulled Pork Tacos
These succulent Mojo Pulled Pork Tacos are a delicious way to change up your Taco Tuesday.
- 4 pounds pork butt or shoulder, bone in and skin on
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2/3 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 head garlic, peeled
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Corn tortillas
- Crema mexicana or sour cream
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- In a mortar and pestle, combine chopped garlic, chopped onion, chopped oregano, and a little salt and pepper.
- For the marinade, combine orange juice, lime juice, red wine vinegar, and vegetable oil.
- Cut many slits throughout the pork, and stuff the slits with the chopped aromatics. Season the outside liberally with salt and pepper.
- In a sealable container, add pork, bay leaves, and pour the marinade all over. Allow to sit for at least 4 hours, but preferably overnight.
- Place pork and the marinade in a dutch oven, bring to a boil, and then set heat to medium-low to simmer for about 2-3 hours or until the meat beings falling off the bone.
- Make a quick-pickled red cabbage adding a splash of vinegar, pinch of salt, and sugar. Mix well and set aside.
- When the pork is done, use two forks to shred and pull apart meat. You can also drizzle over more or the cooked marinade.
- Warm corn tortillas in a pan or simply over your stove burners. Place the shredded pork in the middle, dollop some creama mexicana or sour cream, top with quick-pickled cabbage, and garnish with cilantro. Enjoy with your favorite hot sauce!