Monster Munch Nuggets
Love nuggs? These Monster Munch Chicken nuggets will be right up your street! Question is, what's your flavour?
- 100g Monster Munch - Pickled Onion or Flamin’ Hot
- 250g skinless chicken breasts, roughly chopped
- 250g skinless chicken thighs, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 2 tbsp water
- 100g plain flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2L vegetable oil, for deep frying
- Pickled onions
- Hot sauce
- Heat 2 litres of oil to 180 C for deep frying. The oil should only come halfway up the sides of the pan.
- Put the Monster Munch into a large mixing bowl and use a rolling pin to bash them into a fine crumb. Put the crumbs into one bowl, put flour into another and the beaten eggs into a third.
- Put the chicken breast and thigh meat into a food processor with the garlic and onion powders, salt, white pepper and water. Process until it’s a fine paste. Spoon tablespoon sized lumps of chicken meat into the flour and shape it roughly to a chicken nugget. Dip the nugget into the beaten egg, then into the Monster Munch crumb. Put onto a tray while you repeat with the rest of the chicken meat.
- Carefully lower 3 or 4 nuggets at a time into the hot oil. Cook for 5 minutes, turning them over if necessary to make sure they cook evenly. Drain on kitchen paper while you cook the rest, then serve.