- 1 pound ground lamb (20 percent fat)
- 1 large heirloom tomato
- 1 red onion
- 2 Tablespoons ground Moroccan cumin
- 1 preseved lemon
- 1 bunch parsley
- Glug of olive oil
- Liberally salt your ground lamb.
- Form into balls and place in a fish griller or some other contraption that can contain your balls.
- Over high heat coals, sear each side of the lamb until nice and brown, if directly on the heat, this is only 30 seconds per side.
- Open the contraption and place slices of salted tomato and onion brushed with oil and salt on top of the lamb. First tomato, then onion. Re-close the contraption and cook the combo onion side down on slightly less hot coals.
- Flip to make sure the onions don't burn completely (a nice char is good).
- You want to cook this for another 5 minutes until the lamb is medium rare.
- Take the combo off the fire and rest.
- Then dice a preserved lemon, mince some parsley, and toss with the olive oil.
- Remove the lamb and very liberally season with cumin (more than you would think). Eat in a piece of flat bread or just indulge in it all together.