- 8 jalapeño peppers
- 400g cooking mozzarella
- 8 rashers streaky bacon
- Oil for deep frying
- Trim the stalk from each jalapeño pepper, then carefully remove the seeds and pith without splitting open the pepper.
- Cut the mozzarella into strips that will fit inside the jalapeños - and stuff the cheese inside.
- Wrap a bacon rasher around each pepper and secure with a cocktail stick.
- Carefully lower four of the jalapeños into the hot oil and cook for 4 minutes or until the bacon is brown and crispy.
- Remove with a slotted spoon onto kitchen paper and repeat with the remaining peppers.
- Remove the cocktail sticks.
- Sprinkle with sea salt flakes then serve, with a ranch dressing dip.