- 2 750 milliliters bottles of red wine
- 150 grams coconut sugar
- 1 vanilla pod
- Cinnamon sticks (1 for recipe and a few for garnish) nutmeg
- 1 large orange
- 1 clementine
- 1 lime
- 1 lemon
- 2 bay leaves
- A few star anise
- 6 cloves
- Pour in coconut sugar to the pan and add a twist of peel and the juice of your fresh orange and clementine.
- Add your vanilla pod, cut down the middle in 2 with a knife, 6 cloves and the cinnamon stick (split in 2), and your finely grated nutmeg.
- Add some of your wine until everything is just about covered, and simmer for 4-5 minutes until the sugar dissolves - don't let it boil.
- Once you've been left with a syrup, add your remaining wine and leave on a low heat for 5 minutes.
- Strain and serve in some half-pint dimpled handled glasses with a slice of orange peel, half a cinnamon stick and a wedge of lime.