- 2 medium egg whites
- 120 grams caster sugar
- 50 grams dark chocolate, melted
- Cocoa powder, to decorate
- Heat the oven to 100c. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Using an electric whisk, beat the egg whites in a bowl to stiff peaks, adding the sugar 1 tablespoon at a time, whisking in between additions until all the sugar is incorporated.
- Use 2/3 the meringue mix to pipe 15 mushroom tops.
- Use the remaining mix to pipe bases. Transfer to the oven to bake for 45 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Melt the chocolate and use this to stick the base and
- Top together. Dust with cocoa powder.