This Nasu Dengaku is the perfect way to cook up your aubergine!
- 1 aubergine
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons white miso mixed with
- 2 tablespoons red miso paste
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon sake
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Slice the aubergine in half and using a knife, score the inside into small squares.
- In a pan over high heat, add the oil and put the aubergine skin facing down.
- Cook for a few minutes until the skin is brown then turn over and cover with a lid. Cook until the aubergine is cooked through (about 3 to 4 minutes).
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix the miso, mirin, sugar and sake.
- Put the cooked aubergine onto a grill tray. Brush the miso mix on top of each half until all the surface is coated.
- Put under the grill for about 5 minutes. The miso mix should be bubbling when you take it out of the oven.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds, nigella seeds and spring onions on top and serve hot.