This giant bread roll is stuffed with ham, cheese and heaps of flavour! Perfect for feeding the whole family!
- 20g fresh yeast
- 200ml warm water
- 500g wheat flour
- 3 tbsp of sugar
- 1 egg
- 100g butter, room temperature
- Salt, to taste
- 200g sliced ham
- 1 sliced tomato
- 250g sliced mozzarella cheese
- Oregano to taste
- 1 egg yolk for brushing
- In a bowl, combine the yeast, water, 1 cup of flour, sugar and mix well. Prove for 20 minutes.
- Add the egg, the butter and mix well.
- Add the flour gradually and then the salt.
- Mix everything and knead for 15 minutes. Rest the dough for another 30 minutes.
- Place the dough on a floured surface.
- Arrange ham, tomato, cheese and oregano onto the dough.
- Roll the dough wrapping the stuffing and close tightly.
- Arrange in a greased tray and make cuts at the top.
- Brush with beaten egg yolk and bake at 180 degrees for 40 minutes.