- For the crust
- 250 grams digestives, crushed to a fine crumb
- 125 grams butter, melted
- For the filling
- 800 grams Tesco berries (strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries)
- 50 grams caster sugar
- 50 ml water
- 3 leaves gelatin, soaked in cold water for 5 minutes
- Whipped cream
- Special equipment
- 20-cm tart tin
- Line the base of the tart tin with greaseproof paper and set aside.
- Make the crust: Mix together the crushed biscuits and melted butter and tip onto the tart tin. Using the back of a spoon or your fingers, press the mixture evenly into the sides and the base of the tin. Leave to chill in the fridge.
- Make the filling: Place 300g of the berries into a saucepan with the sugar and water. Cook over a medium heat and simmer for 4-5 minutes until the fruit is soft and beginning to break down. Mash with a potato masher, then pass through a sieve into a clean pan. Return to the heat then add the soaked gelatine leaves. Leave to warm through but don’t let boil. Add the remaining berries to the pan and leave to warm through for a couple of minutes before tipping the whole lot into the chilled crust. Leave to set in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours.
- To serve: Carefully remove the tart from the tin and transfer to a serving plate. Serve with whipped cream.