No Cook Vanilla Cheesecake
This simple dessert requires no cooking and is lifted with a vibrant and tangy tropical salsa.
- 300 milliliters Double cream
- 3 tablespoons icing sugar
- 250 grams soft cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste
- 8x digestive biscuits
- 3 tablespoons caster sugar
- 75 grams butter
- 1 very ripe supersweet pineapple
- 1 very ripe mango
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 50 milliliters water
- Sprig of mint leaves
- Crush up the digestives into fine crumbs either with a rolling pin in a bag or with a food processor. Place the sugar in to the pan over a medium heat and leave it until it begins to form a caramel. Add in the butter, followed by the breadcrumbs and mix through. Set aside on a plate to cool before bashing up again!
- For the fruit compote, again melt the sugar in a pan over a high heat until it forms a caramel. Add in the mixed fruit, along with a splash of water, cook for two minutes and transfer to a bowl to cool.
- Finally, for the cheesecake, place the cream cheese in one bowl with the icing sugar and beat together to loosen the mix. In a separate bowl, whisk the cream with the vanilla paste until it forms soft peaks and add to the cream cheese mix
- To serve, place a sprinkling of breadcrumbs along the plate. Dip a hot spoon into the cheesecake mix, turning slightly as you do so, to form an oval shape. Place two of these on top of the crumb mix and serve with some of the fruit coulis.