- 300 milliliters Whole Milk
- 50 grams Unsalted Butter
- 500 grams Bread Flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 75 grams Caster Sugar
- 7 grams Instant Yeast
- 1 egg
- 150 grams White Chocolate Chips
- 140 grams Dried Cranberries
- 70 grams Flour
- Melt the butter in a pan with the milk and then allow it to cool until it is just tepid.
- In a bowl, add the flour, salt, sugar and yeast and slowly pour in the milk mixture, and finally the egg.
- Mix together with your hands until you have a shaggy dough, and then on a floured surface knead the dough together for 5-10m until you have a smooth elastic dough. Add in the chocolate and the cranberries at the end and give the dough one final knead. Place in an oiled bowl and cover, allowing it to rise for 1hr.
- Divide the dough into 15 pieces and roll them tightly into balls on a floured surface. Space them evenly on a tray and cover with some oiled cling film, allow to rise for another hour.
- Mix the flour with about 3-5 tablespoons of water, adding the water one tablespoon at a time until you have a thick paste. Add this to a piping bag and pipe smiley faces on the top of each bun.
- Bake at 200C for 18-20m.
- Once cooked, glaze the outside with a little bit of warm apricot jam and then serve.